Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Custom Pricing Tracker - Pricing it Right


As Featured On EzineArticles
When I first started off as a freelance writer, my biggest confusion was pricing. I used to see the competition on the online marketplaces and see the bidding wars. What if I charge more and lose the project? What if I am undercharging and losing out on good money? The uncertainties were large and confusing. I researched and also asked a number of my freelancing friends. I came across a number of pricing models – per word pricing, per page pricing, hourly pricing, etc.

I believe that any pricing model can be right only and only if you find it to be comfortable. After a project delivery, sit back and look at the cheque you received. Does that cheque justify the time and effort you took to deliver this project? Many times your answer will be yes and that means you are doing things right. Don’t be greedy. Look at things from the correct perspective and make this decision.

If you are not happy and you come to the conclusion that you are finding yourself compromising in your pricing just so that you get more projects then that’s where you should stop and rethink. You should decide for yourself the best pricing model that will suit your needs. I cannot make that decision for you but I will share with you one of the custom models I made for myself to deal with the problem.

Read more of this here. Also see Article 2 in this series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment